It is the beginning of my senior year of college. Well, really it doesn't start until next week, but I've finished one week of volleyball team camp and have one more to go, so it pretty much started a week ago. And it really isn't the end either since I am planning to go to Graduate school and get at least my master's degree.
 |
|
This is a picture of my wound after jabbing a knife into my thumb while trying to make Jiaozi last night! The Jiaozi was good, and luckily I didn't have to get stiches since this was more of a puncture wound than a slicing. I have this desire to learn how to cook Chinese food, so that I can feed myself when I am in a country that may not have all the necessities for American cooking. Unfortunately, last night, the knife slipped as I was cutting the green onions and went right into my thumb (Dad always said, "Point the knife towards the heart," and that is just what I did!). I've posted this picture, not to gross you out, but rather because I am going to try to upload pictures regularly and add posts in order to highlight my senior year of college and my preparation for the coming few years. I have a feeling that there will be many exciting moments as well as many not so exciting moments. Plus, this is typical of my job (fixing injuries such as this) so I decided to include it.