Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summertime!


Summertime has finally begun! The first year of graduate school is completed and I am busy doing the summer thing. I ran my first marathon at the beginning of May. The time wasn't as fast as I wanted it, but after forgetting the pain, I'm planning to run one again in November in Indianapolis.
Smiling at the 26th mile marker (I really hurt, but somehow I was able to smile for the camera)

Going into the finish

Mom and Dad came to join me...they both ran the 5K
About a week after my marathon, I left for China with Purdue University's athletic training education program for global experiences in sports medicine. The trip was phenomenal! I met many people who may be able to help me find a job there when I am done with my graduate degree. While we were there, we learned about chinese massage, traditional chinese medicine such as acupuncture as well as Tai qi swords and wushu (kung fu). I loved being in China! Below are a few pictures from the trip:

Acupuncture Dolls

Doing a little acupuncture on myself

If you look closely, I have a needle just below my knee

At Dinner for the welcome banquet

Chinese version of E-stim

Acupuncture chart

Typical Great wall Picture

Cupping (Using fire)


At the Olympic village

In Hangzhou

Learning how to dry tea leaves

Laughing Yoga