Saturday, March 30, 2013

Patience

Five weeks from today I graduate! That means I am done with school possibly forever! That also means it is time to find a real job. I've spent great amounts of time searching and applying for jobs, but have yet to hear much. It's the first time in my life, I don't know what I'm doing in a month. Well, kind of... if I don't have a job by then, I'll be headed back to Colorado as I wait for whatever job God has in store for me. But until then, I have to be patient. I hate patiently waiting for whatever lies ahead. I just want to know now. However, I believe God wants us to patiently wait. In Ephesians 4, Paul urges the Ephesians to "live a life worthy of the calling you have received." This includes  being "completely humble and gentle, patient, and bearing with one another in love." In addition to that, patience is a fruit of the Spirit. I think this is an area where I need a lot of growth. I've spent the last 4 months checking the NATA career center religiously. While there are a few specific jobs I'm waiting to have posted, I've also looked at other possibilities just in case the ones I've been looking for aren't posted. The reality is that I still don't know where I will be in 5 weeks. However, I do know that right now, I need to be fully present here and finish strong. I need to fulfill the duties I've been given here, and I need to learn a lot more about patience. Continue praying with me as I seek direction for my next steps.